SHE is a regarded as Bollywood’s yummy mummy but she also has a diva’s demeanour in her. Shilpa Shetty talks about her love for solitaires, trends to look out for and more. Excerpts:
1) It’s my style: Style has different meaning for different people. I feel it is personal and innate. It has to be trendsetting and not a trend that is blindly followed.
2) Comfort clothes: When I am at home, I slip into my t-shirt and track pants – anything that makes it easy to run around with my son (laughs).
3) Party on my mind: I choose my clothes de-pending on what kind of an occasion it is. For parties, I generally prefer dresses or a formal top paired with well fit-ted black pants.
4) Killing it in style: Among Bollywood ac-tresses, Kangna Ranaut and Sonam Kapoor have a great fashion sense. As far as the men are concerned, Amitabh Bachchan and Saif Ali Khan are the most well-dressed.
In Hollywood, I like how Gwyneth Paltrow, Kate Hudson and Leonardo DiCaprio dress up.
5) Skin care: One beauty advice that I religiously follow is to never use soap on my face. I use a gentle cleanser and a good sunscreen for glowing skin. I always apply a deep conditioner to my hair every time I wash it.
6) ‘Rock’ing it: I decide on my accessories once I have made up my mind about the clothes that I want to wear. It should match with my outfit. But I like to keep it simple. So, most of the time, you will see me only in my solitaires and finger ring.
7) Handbag essentials: I always make sure to carry my phone, credit cards, a lip-balm and lipstick.
8) Styling tips: Dress to please yourself, not the world. And choose occasion-appropriate clothes. I have made many fashion faux pas but my worst nightmare would be the zipper giving away just before you walk the red carpet! (laughs again)
9) Fashion forecast: I am no clairvoyant but I feel fashion is constantly revived and reinvented. A lot of old styles are coming back. Cropped tops, high-waist skirts, palazzos and a simple white knotted shirt are some timeless trends.